This award is open to either young entrepreneurs that are enjoying success in building their own business, or to those employees that have had an outstanding impact in contributing to the successes of a larger organisation.
Either way, applicants will need to demonstrate ambition, energy, skill and vision, as well as tangible business success.
Applicants will be judged on their personal involvement in the company’s growth or expansion, its move into new products, services, markets, or new areas of business activity.
Entrants should be aged 35 or under as of 31st October 2016 and be in a position directly responsible for generating profit for the business.
Entries to this category can be submitted by the nominee or a senior manager within the business they are employed.
Your entry should include:
- Why should you/they win Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2018?
- Outline your/their career to date providing details of further education and professional qualifications etc.
- Briefly state the company’s business activities, its products/services, company size, and turnover and profitability. Also, give details on your/their role within the company and your/their areas of responsibility.
- To what extent have you/they been responsible for achieving improved financial performance?
- In non-financial terms what contribution have you/they made to the development of the business?
- What personal characteristics do you feel have made you/them successful?
- Particular achievements over the last 12 months
- Any other matters of significance that will assist the judges