This award will be given to a company that has been launched, or has had a change of ownership within the past three years.
The judges will be looking for a business that has evolved with an entrepreneurial approach applied to a creative business idea, such as, a unique business concept, addressing changes in industry practices, production of innovative products or services, the discovery of a new route to market, or a business which has had a significant change of direction or momentum following a change of control.
The judges would like to see evidence of early financial success and achievements in excess of targets. Your entry should include:
- Why should your company be the winner of Start-up Business of the Year 2018
- Briefly outline the development and growth of your business from the start and any factors that prompted you to enter the market
- Give a brief outline of your business
- Please provide details regarding your current share in the market and your performance compared to your competitors in this market.
- How do your products/services compare to your competitors’ and how do you differentiate your company from those competitors?
- What plans do you have for the business in both the long and the short term and how do you see the business developing?
- Particular achievements over the last 12 months
- Any other matters of significance that will assist the judges