The Chippenham Business Awards 2018 has now passed. Thank you to everyone who entered, sponsored and attended the event. If you are interested in sponsoring next year’s awards please contact the Chippenham BID team.
On Thursday 22nd February 2018 the Neeld Community and Arts Centre in Chippenham came alive with the brightest stars of local business for the Chippenham Business Awards 2018. The event, organised by Chippenham BID and title sponsors Awdry Bailey and Douglas, recognised the efforts and successes of businesses in and around Chippenham from a wide range of industries.
The Chippenham Business Awards was sponsored by several local businesses including Berkley Square, 24-7 Staffing, The Angel Hotel, Avagio IT, Naturally Social, Platinum Mortgage Solutions and Wiltshire College. The organisations came together to recognise the efforts made by their peers and colleagues across the town and celebrate local businesses and businesspeople whose hard work, dedication and innovation make up Chippenham’s thriving industry.
The evening was hosted by special guest Marc Allum, a self-confessed “collectaholic” and regular specialist on the Antiques Roadshow whose easy humour and infectious enthusiasm was the perfect accompaniment to the evening’s ceremonies.
The winners of the evening were:
- Apprentice of the Year: Ben Lisseman of Digiprint
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Cheryl Klukowski Stevenson of Taste of the Caribbean and Chocolate Blonde
- Professional Services Provider of the Year: Goughs Solicitors
- Hotel, Restaurant or Café of the Year: The Garden Chippenham
- Creative or Technology Business of the Year: City Dressing
- Customer Service Award: Bewley & Merrett Funeral Directors
- Start-Up Business of the Year: Maria Christina Bridal Boutique
- Small Business of the Year: Huw Thomas Commercial
- Independent Business of the Year: J. Sheppard and Son Ltd.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Rick Squires
- Chippenham Business of the Year: The Garden Chippenham
The Awards couldn’t have come at a better time for The Garden, who celebrated their third birthday just 2 days later and a year since reopening after a devastating fire closed the business. The determination to provide the highest standards and friendliest service by John Paine and his team alongside fantastic feedback from customers of The Garden combined to create an outstanding entry to the Chippenham Business Awards.
John posted on The Garden’s Facebook page, “So happy to receive these accolades at the Chippenham business awards last night. I just want to say a big thank you to all of the staff at The Garden for making the business such a success and especially to Marge, Phil, Jay and Gemma who have been on the rollercoaster with me since before the fire.”
Kathryn Crosweller of Chippenham BID said, “The Chippenham Business Awards offer local businesses the opportunity to reflect on their achievements and be recognised in the community for the hard work they put into their companies. It was wonderful to work with such a wide range of sponsors on this event and to be able to celebrate with the winners. We’re already looking forward to next year’s event!”